View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS View Post
I would encourage you to watch my inventory - I rarely sell them over $4K unless they are a very exotic wood. I usually aim for $3250 to $3750. I'll probably price the incoming 000-12 cocobolo at $3795. I sold a Honduran/Adirondack TR000 with Calton case a few months ago for $3650!

And I agree about James's 12-strings. One of the best I've ever had in the shop was a RCJ-12.
Those are really good prices for Goodalls (though I can't really justify buying another one at this point - if I was going to get another high end guitar right now it would probably be one of the Martins I've been dreaming of for some time, and that I almost bought prior to my first Goodall sweeping me off my feet instead).

I think a concert jumbo 12 string would be just perfection. I have a Goodall jumbo 12 string that I got used, from Dave's Guitar shop mail order. It is a beautiful guitar in all respects (and visually, it has the most beautiful figured, heavily silked sitka top I've seen), but if I could have justified the expense I would have gotten the grand concert 12 string The Podium had a while back instead (and I suspect a concert jumbo would be similar). That grand concert was absolute perfection.

The amazing thing to me about Goodall 12 strings is their clarity. Given the signature Goodall overtones, one might expect all of that lush sound to be too much for a 12 string, but it really isn't the case at all. I also like the Guild 512 12 strings a lot, and they have a somewhat different and really classic sound. But in my opinion you just can't beat a Goodall 12 string.