View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower View Post
I bought a Taylor 110E online after a month of searching online and reading many good reviews about it and for its thin narrow neck and low action. But I was very disappointed when I played it, the sound was way too bright and tinny ... I'm looking for a guitar with a thin and narrow neck, that has a warm, deep and rich sound.. something that is the opposite of the Taylor guitar sound
I heartily agree with your assessment of the 110e sound, and from my experience, you won't be gaining much with a Seagull. Also, the Seagull "slim" neck, is not all that slim.

I believe that what you are describing is a Blueridge, I don't own one, but have played a bunch of 'em. The BR series guitars that I have played have a fast, thin neck, and even the laminated models have a much fuller and more balanced sound than either the 110e or any of the Seagull models. If you want it to plug in, you will need to save some of your budget to add electronics. The laminated models would give you plenty of room to do that, and if you look patiently, you should be able to find a solid wood model ... either a BR-140 or BR-160 ... that would fit your budget with room to spare. Many people don't like the thin neck, so you might even be able to find a Blueridge owner interested in trading for your Taylor.

I personally would not depend on Youtube videos to judge the sound, and they certainly won't help you judge how comfortable you are with the neck. The only real way to know what you like is to play 'em!