View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonist34 View Post
Great pic! We have a green-cheeked conure that's mostly indifferent to my guitar playing, but will occasionally dance a bit. I get not wanting a cockatoo/macaw/etc. on your shoulder, but those ominous dominance warnings seem ridiculous when it comes to small birds. Our conure is never happier than when she can sit on someone's shoulder and snuggle into their neck, and it's never triggered the least bit of dominant behavior.

Enjoy your new friend!
Well dude I thought the same thing. I have pics of "Sherbet" on my shoulder getting lost in my hair. It's a Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure and would give me kisses so gently on my closed lip. This bird is almost 4 years old now and has been going Through a biting faze. First it was on a step up coming out of the cage very unusual as he/she was so ready to step up and come out to play It drew blood and developed a pretty good blood blister. Then the unthinkable on my shoulder and out of nowhere bite me on the ear, again drawing blood. Sure not the kind of damage a larger Parrot could inflict, but it got my attention. So for now I am using a dowel for setups and the shoulder is off limits until I sort this out. I am sure this is just growing pains So you are judging just from your personal experience and not from credible authors and perhaps other Parrot owners? I don't find my my reference to these books ridiculous and my war wounds to boot.