View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 04:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
We'd need an archtop-playing AGF member with both a high profile (for credibility with the Godin people) and the time/desire to do it - we have a few of the former (Jonathan Stout, Fabio Mittino, and Rob MacKillop come quickly to mind) and plenty of the latter here on the Archtop subforum, but offhand I can't think of anyone who possesses both credentials...

That said, if a club buy could be arranged for under $1K each w/HSC (TMK the Jumbo requires a unique size available only from Godin) I'm in - and make mine a bourbon burst...
It could be that you would not need a high profile player to provide more than an endorsement of the project. The AGF club profile is quite possibly enough credibility. And it's not a "threat" of the project getting out of hand. This could be presented quite truthfully as a limited run guitar, offered to subscriber club members only.

What you would need is a project co-ordinator and a small committee to run the project. Plus a way to raise the funds and correctly distance the AGF from any financial liability. Perhaps the project could sit as an AGF sponsor, with each sale generating a small sum of money to go towards the running cost of the AGF.

There are many ways to skin a cat. And if this was set up as a not for profit project (a social project) then it could be one way of doing it.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.