View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
Well, that is a game you can never win. Whatever you have, there always might be something better. You will never be happy until you just settle for what you have.
I agree, but I might change the wording because “settle for” implies your understanding that you have chosen something inferior. I might say: you can learn to be happy by learning to enjoy the journey of loving and engaging with what you have, more than the journey of searching for something different, even though it may or may not be better. I think that this is often just a different phase of life, and it reads like that’s where you are, Jack. Nice.

I got lucky to find my favourite guitar, a Guild F50R, used for $800 when I was 19, and at 52 now we have been through a lot together over the past 33 years. I got my second guitar 19 years ago- a parlor because I got tired of lugging my big old jumbo around and worried I’d damage it, and I’ve enjoyed having the two. I’d even like another flavour- but I’m not really searching, just having fun in guitar shops.

Most important, what I love is playing, and when I’m shopping I’m not playing. I agree- stay open to what comes your way, but if you found your guitar, just play it. Playing is way better than shopping. Kip
Larrivee Parlor Koa Special Edition
https://soundclick.com/kiphendryandtheonestarhotel

Last edited by Jeffreykip; 06-05-2023 at 02:39 PM.