View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM

Unhappy Okay just to clear this up!!

You know what, I am getting tired of people insinuating that I own or work for Blueberry. My name is Stewart Curry, I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I am a salesman for a company by the name of Konica Minolta Canada. Prior to that I worked for Heidelberg Canada a manufacturer of printing presses. If I had posted a good review on a Martin or a Taylor or a Babicz or Benateau no one would accuse me of doing under handed marketing for a guitar company. I am a guy who works hard for his money and wanted to post my impressions of the Groove for those who were curious. Kevin Gallagher may very well be right, maybe the grooves do nothing to the sound. Bottom line remains is that I personally like the performance, sound and tone of this guitar. This is not a guitar with sub standard binding or sloppy craftsmanship. The other partner in this company is George Morris who runs the Vermont school of lutherie. This not some guy who decided on the fly to try to contract some work to some Balinese wood carvers who had never made guitars before. The workshop is owned by three partners, one of them being George Morris. The shop employes about 50 people that work solely for Blueberry. The reason for the ebay store is for one reason. They needed to sell guitars! You cannot keep a shop that employs 50 people going for very long unless you sell guitars. It was either start moving some guitars or wind things down. The shop can only produce 25-30 guitars a month. The owners are doing this because they are passionate about guitars! How do I know all this.....I must be an employee!!....All this info is available on their web site if you take the time to look. Bottom line I like the Groove and you can be sure that over time if I see issues with cracking or a bad neck or bridge pulling off, I will be the first one back here telling people of how things have taken a turn for the worst!! By the way if any of you need a photo copier let me know!!