View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Yesterday when I logged onto the forum I read a thread about James Taylor, Olson guitars and Adamas strings. Since there was some conflicting information from different posters on the thread about the brand of strings that JT currently prefers, I decided that before I posted any response, I would call both the Breezy Ridge/John Pearse strings office and the custom guitar builder Jim Olson himself.
...Jim Olson is a little vague on the exact time frame of when JT had those Adamas strings,
...Since at least 1995 JT has used John Pearse strings exclusively.
Hi Wade & others...
I'm the one who mentioned the Pearse connection (at least one of the first who did). I didn't make it up, or just pull it from a hat or online interview…it came from Jame's Olson's mouth to my ear when he was preparing to ship my Olson to me.

I think I can help you zero in on the time frame a bit...in March 1993 my Olson arrived, and Jim told me of the James Taylor/Pearse string connection and it arrived with them on my Olson Dreadnaught straight from the shop.

He didn't tell me the weights of Jame's strings, so it's interesting that I've evolved into slightly light strings myself with my Olson. It's strung with .011 with the top string switched out to a .012. Best balance with my guitar.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…