View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 AM

i think eastman's generally do sound better than gibsons.

just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Rich, I'm not sure whether you read post # 8.

I'm regretting the title of my OP -I thought it was a clever play on some other thread, where the OP made some assertions about blueridge vs martin. Frankly, I have very little interest in whether Eastman sounds better than Gibson. My OP was not about Gibson. I believe that guitars should be appraised on their own merit, and what subjective value they bring to the table, but not in relative comparison to other brands and certainly not because of the headstock. Virtually all brands bring their own subjective value, or they wouldn't be in business very long. I happened to purchase a guitar by a given company (eastman), and based on that guitar's merits, I perceive great value.

I have and have had guitars from a wide range of makers, and they all have some value to me. So I'll decline your advice, and keep all my guitars. I'm not stuck on just one brand.
i thought your thread title was funny and you immediately explained it in your op. sadly, people often don't seem to read past the title of a thread.

congrats on your new guitar.