View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Arnold, I'm pretty sure Santa Cruz was hit with even harder rain than last winter, hopefully the shop wasn't flooded again, however I think the weather may taken a toll on their ability to correspond.

Will is their customer service contact, they run very busy, but as others said calling may be best.

After initially jawboning the concept of a custom with folks at TME.. process started in 2022 .., I did all my config talking directly with Carolyn at SCGC (Will is her replacement, and is every bit as wonderful). TME is just a few miles trip for me, and they were great about keeping me informed on schedule of incoming builds that were close to what I was thinking **the guitar I received was exactly in line with my expectations, aside that mine was better ;-).

I had a custom inlay for the headstock, they made up the exact design from artwork I sent, by this time TME was involved, however 90% of the communication was direct with SCGC, except TME was Cc'ed on the emails, and of course the formal quote came from TME.

I finalized my decision in April 2023 (that winter had been a worse than usual depression, and didn't want to make a big decision until I was doing better. The suggested build time was 9-10 months, they completed her in 8. I didn't ask for a lot of updates, however did visit the shop in August .. the body was complete, neck nearly so.

I can't say enough good things about the shop or.the build process and communication.