View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan710 View Post
thanks for the input.

The seller's doesn't mind me returning the guitar for a full refund but it's conditional. The problem is, the seller wants me to return using the USPS shipping service (which was what he used to deliver the guitar to me) from Australia! Is this even possible? As it is already, I'm paying for the return shipping and now it has to be unnecessarily costly (as opposed to using Austalia Post) Is this request unreasonable?

Photos should be up soon...
I believe you'll ship the guitar with Australia Post, at the US border USPS will take over shipping. Even though it was shipped to you via USPS wasn't it delivered by Australia Post? I've never shipped to Australia, but that's how it work in Canada, Japan, The Netherlands, and England.

Maybe laws are different in other countries but in the US if I sell you something I'm (the seller/shipper) responsible for any damage. I (the seller/shipper) have the right to charge you for insurance. If I allow you to decline shipping insurance, I'm (the seller/shipper) still responsible for any damage. Like I said, it may be different in other countries.

Good luck with a resolution to your problem.