View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 11:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
The first Collings I played was a D1. It was also my first experience with a boutique quality guitar. I was blown away by the superb craftmanship. But the tone? I handed it back to the salesman and said, “Tight and bright.” Keep in mind I’ve always been a Martin/Gibson kinda guy. I didn’t realize that brief encounter with a Collings was going to revolutionize my understanding of guitars. But it did. I just couldn’t get that guitar out of my head. Then a few weeks later my CME guy offered me a great deal on a 2017 D1AT. I jumped on it. I’d heard the Traditional Series was warmer/more Martin-like. And that’s certainly what I hear. That D1AT has since been replaced by my new D1T (Torrified/Sunburst). A truly superb guitar. And it’s confirmed my strong preference for the Tradtionals.

I LOVE the Sunburst on your Collings Roy. One day, maybe this year I may join you. The trraditional Collings Dreads continue to haunt me. I tried a D1T recently and it was excellent. They didn't have the Adi or Torrified top version. But I was super impressed. Then I tried a D2HA Traditional and it was perhaps more impressive. (From the player behind the sound hole perspective)
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Martin OM-28 Custom Cutaway
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com