View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Default vibrato rubs the board

Just trying to revive this post abit because in giving my guitar a great setup, which included a slight saddle raise (my WAfrican Ivory - Colosi bridge is coming a few days - yeah!), tighten the truss, .12 series - PB - elixirs with a bump of the .12>>.13,.16>>.17, and per this thread:
complete fretboard / with oil and then rubdown with sock and microfiber, totally cleaning the fretboard / All resulting in a fantastic change of sound. More forward and solid high end, shining sound envelope resulting, yet

My style, as I stretch out, I use quite a bit of vibrato, and bends. The bends are vibrato in nature and I get this rubbing on the fretboard, kind of a friction point. If I lean over the instrument, it's a looser hand, but if I'm sittin back and doin my thing, vibratoing a bluesy, django note, well, I'd love to have a smoother, less friction aspect where the skin of my finger seems to rub on the fretboard...ernk ernk ernk ernk / that's the sound of the rubbing.

It's not so bad, but I'd love to get a smoother, less friction contact going on.

Any thoughts? The fretboard is clean, it's smooth. Do I need silicon on my fingers? , or maybe if with greasy fingers, that will help. Or maybe there's a final treatment I can offer my loving fretboard. I wipe it down, between the strings, after and before a play, which helps. Maybe I should move to polywebs which are a bit more soapy and might slide better when in vibrato shake.

-doctrane