View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Thanks to everyone for your responses. Buried today, but will respond individually in a day or two.

I'm really excited about installing this pickup.

I do not own an electric and never have, so I'm a total idiot on pedals, DIs, EQs, etc., so forgive my ignorance here.

TECH QUESTION: I will also be installing the endpin preamp jack they recommend, but I understand the output is still low. Is there a way electronically for me to insert a second preamp with EQ to boost the signal further before it plugs into an amp?

I mention EQ as well because I've heard from several folks that, like a real microphone, the PUTW has a tendency towards feedback. My initial playing situation for this will ONLY be solo, so will be testing in that mode.

Thanks in advance for your responses and expertise. Back at ya in a day or two.

scott
Yes, you should be able to use most standard outboard preamps by Fishman, Baggs, Tonebone, Fire Eye etc to further condition and EQ your signal. I would generally recommend the Radial Tonebone PZ Deluxe for its clean gain and powerful EQ or the Baggs Para DI as it's also very tweakable and phantom powerable (which is very nice at a gig). The endpin preamp will get your signal down your cable without any degradation but a final boost and EQ before going into the house won't hurt at all.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic