View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
Such passion for truss rods. I can understand where you are coming from. But there was something very cool also getting a CA Legacy new in January of this year and it comes with a relief of .007 and 6/64 low E 4/64 high E. Right on and it will never change. I kind of like that simplicity when it comes out right. I actually would not use a truss rod if it was in this guitar. Maybe I was lucky but to me that is cool.
Steve

Doubleneck...I agree

In my honest and unknowledgeable opinion......The fact that putting a truss rod in the already stable neck would make the neck more prone to problems like a weakened neck...(like I said just my honest and unknowledgeable opinion and someone who wants to pull their guitar out and go)..

Those of us who do buy the CA's buy them for the fact there is no maintenance. I Bought CA's (I own 3 CA's all are great) and got rid of my wooden guitars (until I just bought a Breedlove) because we play as opening acts for big acts a lot during the summer months, and I was always tired of "pampering" my Talyor and Martin guitars, worried I didn't let it acclimate long enough, afraid I was gonna pull it out of the case and the neck be warped or the top cracked because of the heat.

Like I said, with the CA' guitars, I bought them because they need no maintenance, because they didn't need neck adjustments or neck resets or refreted . Pull them out and go. I've seen many Taylors, McPhearsons, Martins from the road with warped necks and cracked tops. Jimi Westbrook and Phillip Sweet from Little Big Town had both of their McPhearson tops cracked due to the changes, (they both really liked my CA's as well as other musicians I come in contact with).....
Since CA"s will continue I will again buy them as long as as they stay true to the CA tradition. Some say things need to change I agree with that regarding some things, but regarding CA's I felt as though they had musicians like me (who are constantly moving them banging them playing in difficult weather) in mind when they were making them...

No need for bashing me it's just my opinion and why I bought and own CA Guitars....
Fender 52 RI Tele
Fender 50th Anniversary Tele
Gibson 2009 Les Paul Traditional
Gibson 2012 Les Paul 70's Tribute
Nord Electro 3 73
Yamaha Moxf
Dr.Z Stang Ray [Head]
Dr.Z Carmen Ghia [Head]
ZWreck cab
Dr.Z 1x12 Cab
---------------------------
Sheldon Road

Last edited by MuzicMaKen; 07-25-2010 at 07:26 PM.