View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitnoob View Post
I do. I have great respect for you. It was a simple question: did you actually measure the neck angle or the string height or the bridge height?
Forums are funny, don't you think?

Now that Peavey is saying they're looking for suggestions to improve the CA product, you seem to want to focus on something else.

For me, this thread might as well have ended with that bit of information. A new company is going to make the decision for what we've been chatting about so vigorously....as it should be. I hope they read some of this thread, as well as that of the commentary over on the MacNichols/CF forum.

To answer your question, yes, I took a straight edge and ruler to both the Cargos I owned, immediately upon receipt...however, I don't *need* to do this when examining a guitar in-hand/in-person to understand what is going on with the geometry of a guitar. Visually (by eye) examining the set-up (well, I would always take an accurate metal ruler to get the precise set-up numbers), the top, bridge & saddle, sighting down the neck, etc., all give the information necessary to understand what is happening...
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner