View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Interesting that this thread would post today. I was going to install a set of DR sunbeams on my McPherson this past weekend and after I had all the strings on and was tuning up, I find that the low E is dead. This is the second time this has happened to me. So I pulled another low E from a second set of sunbeams that I had and this time I tried not cutting the string first, but instead I fed the string through the tuner then pulled it back to where I would get the correct amount of wraps on the post, then tuned it up and cut the excess off. Sounded great. So I start playing and notice some black specs on the high E and B strings. I slide my fingers over them and you can feel them. Like little bumps. I tried picking them off but they were on there pretty good. I'm sending the strings back to Mike at Strings and Beyond so he can take a look at them. At this point I don't know what to think. The first set I ever bought were fine and I really liked the tone on my guitar, but since then I've had nothing but trouble. Anyone else had similar problems or just me? Tom
Cole Clark Angel 2 BLBL Sunburst
Kronbauer TDK Mini Jumbo Macassar/Adi