View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 10:01 PM

Default Yamaha 12 string acoustic & Yamaha nylon string

I don’t own a 12 string guitar. Saw a new Yamaha 12 string hanging in the acoustic room at my local music store. I took it down and played for just a bit. Look the guitar over and said myself, “Man this is a really nice looking and well made guitar. The price on it must be ridiculous”. I flipped the tag over and it was $379.99. I was like “Whaaat”?!?! It took a lot of self control to not whip out the credit card buy it on the spot. Two things stopped me, 1.) I literally just bought Taylor mahogany guitar like 2 weeks ago. 2.) I never really played a 12 string before and knew nothing about Yamaha or the model … FG820 12-String Dreadnought

Part 2: My son has a cheaper Fender nylon 3/4 guitar. He is actually a drummer but has taken to guitar. He has had this guitar for a few years and was looking for a full size, but likes nylon string. His birthday is coming up in April. I was thinking about getting him one, but didn’t want to break the bank. The same store had a full size Yamaha nylon string guitar there, Yamaha CG102 … $209.99. I didn’t get a chance to play it because he didn’t have it on the floor yet, but they said they would next week.
Any word from you all on Yamaha acoustics or these 2 in particular?
2018 Taylor Academy 12e
2007 Dean Performer ce
Electric -
2014 Fender Telecaster Modern Player
1996 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2021 Gretsch Tri Five G5410t
1960-70’s-ish Heit SG