View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Default Do it all guitar

I play fingerstyle at home for fun. I learned on the internet from Denny Zager. He was one of the first ones to offer internet lessons for fingerstyle. He changed his focus from teaching to sellimg guitars. Eventually I found Jorge Nolla http://profdeguitare.com/index.php and I now learn arrangements from him. He plays and arranges for classical guitar but they are playable on anything.

I now am involved in a “jam group” of nearly deaf senior citizens. Before finding them I had never played in front of anyone. The first time that I played up front of them it was a fingerstyle song. I was very nervous and when it was done they thanked me for playing but they couldn’t hear it. For them I need a pick and ned to strum, etc.

So now I need a guitar for mostly solo fingerstyle work but that I can strum and flat pick with too. It would be ideal to just have one guitar. Would a crossover like the Taylor 814N that the gentleman before mentioned be a good choice. 90% of my playing is alone and I can’t see myself as a perfomer.

Thanks,
Russ