View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
It sounds decent acoustically. It sounds like a UST piezo when amplified. Just not my fav ideal. A lot of Zinging in the amplified sound. I want it to be a travel and inclement weather instrument. But I want to be able to plug it in and get a sound I like.

I just popped the strings off and looked inside. There is a UST piezo and a body sensor that plugs into the heavy preamp/FX unit. I will be able to fit a Mag in the soundhole and a SBT without disconnecting and removing the native setup. Though it would be possible to remove the preamp and native vol control too. But my first opinion is I'll first try to install my new system and leave the old system in too. Two different endpin jacks then. And try them both out under many different circumstances to see what would work best for me. Then later, after I've tried them both, if I decide to stay with the Mag/SBT (like in my other guitars), I could go back and remove the native system.

I love to tinker.

More to follow.
Marshall, the nice thing is that the low cost of the guitar lends itself to some peace of mind when experimenting with it. Have Fun!
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2