View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 03:38 PM

Default I Got a Shubb Fine Tune Capo

I've never used or even seen an Elliott capo and have been really thinking about getting one for a while now. I just haven't been able to justify the price. So when I saw Shubb's new fine tune, I jumped on it. It's still not cheap - $75, but that's a little easier to swallow than Elliott prices.

I almost didn't want to like it, so I could learn that I'm fine with my $20 capos. But I do like it. It looks and feels very sleek and seems to be built very well. Functionally, it works a lot like a Paige. I don't have to get it nearly as tight, though, for it to hold down all the strings with no buzz. It also doesn't seem to affect tone at all, which is awesome. I always thought regular Shubbs and Paiges sort of muffled the tone just a little - not enough to make them suck, it's just the way it goes. This Fine Tune doesn't at all.

I wish I could compare it to an Elliott, but like I said, I've never even seen one in person. I will say that this Fine Tune capo just makes me more interested in the Elliotts. If the Fine Tune is this nice, I wonder how much better an Elliott could be.