View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 09:28 PM
The Foreigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi mmm...
He and his wife, Patti, have travelled the world for about the past 35 years. That video is about 30 years old, and he plays better today than ever. He is a technician who really understands the instrument...

I've even seen him reach under the neck and fret a note with his left thumb on the 1st string while still fingering the chord...he is an amazing fingerstyle chord melody guy, who plays fantastically tasty accompaniments for Patti.

They are travelling overseas quite a bit this year. I've been watching their schedule hoping they will come to the Denver area someday (or just happen to be where we are vacationing).
Thanks, for the info, Larry

Yeah, I sorta guessed that video was quite old when I saw a more recent one of him with greying hair and some visible wrinkles . It's great to know he's still touring, though. Just shows how much he and Patty love their music.

Regarding him being a technician....those *in-depth* articles on his website are pretty heavy stuff!

You guys are so lucky, being surrounded by all sorts of amazing musicians. Never take it for granted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsanford View Post
I firmly believe that life / God / whatever you believe, puts things and experiences in your path to teach you things. I've often commented that if someone on a line in front of you is being a jerk, it was just a way of reminding you how it looks to be a jerk, so don't be a jerk.
Well said!
Transcriptions

(Yes, my PM Inbox is always full. For now, please send me an email at [my agf username]@gmail.com )