View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi DCannon,

I hope you didn't think I was criticizing your comments in any way. And I didn't think you were being hard on Tommy particularly. I just felt like throwing in my own 2 cents on my experience with personal encounters with Tommy over a couple of years. On one occasion, my wife and I sat in the Syracuse, NY airport for almost 2 hours with Tommy in 2008. We traded his Kalamazoo guitar back and forth, he and his soundman, Brad, sang "Willie's Shades" for us right there in the middle of the airport, with Brad singing high harmony. Mostly, he talked to my wife about what to get his daughter for her upcoming birthday. He was heading to England to see her; we were heading back to Seattle, all by way of Chicago. My wife is fairly soft-spoken and doesn't like to talk loud for fear she will interfere with others. Poor Tommy kept asking her to repeat herself because of his hearing issues. It was one heck of an experience...

- Glenn
Oh no....not at all, Glenn. I just wanted to make sure everyone understood that I wasn't being negative in any way regarding Tommy and just found the comment interesting relating to the basic subject of the thread. I am, however, envious of your encounter with him, and enjoyed reading your comments. He's one person I'd like to meet.

BTW, to everyone involved in this thread, I apologize for turning the subject from James Taylor to Tommy Emmanuel! Wasn't my intention.
2010 Trinity College TM375 Irish Bouzouki
2011 Guild F-130R (recently traded for GS Mini hog)