View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 06:34 PM

Arthur, your post made sense to me and it read like you know what you're writing about. I think you described the characteristics of Adi that I said a person could expect to find in most Adi tops and would be well advised to look for when shopping around.

It's in the bass and "clarity" departments that I think fans of other spruces, cedar or mahogany tops may not see eye to eye with those who chose Adi .. without implying we can't like them all.

I wrote recently that I hear solidity and substance in the bass of a good Sitka guitar that I have not yet found an Adi guitar to equal, and for me that foundation in the bass is not negotiable.
My Sitka Martin dread has cello like bass with a controlled bloom over the bottom octave disappearing seamlessly into the mids that compels me to voice chords all over the fretboard just to soak it up.

If Adi has a thinner tone it can help protect against lack of clarity in a poorly voiced guitar - which would be an improvement - but I make the point that it may come at a cost if the guitar does not need that help.

There must be a guitar out there that will give me the great things Adi can do without losing what I love about Sitka. I will not stop looking.