View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 05:49 AM

Hi,
I have installed GoAA replacement system in my Taylor 414-CE and I’m very satisfied! I was so disappointed with Taylor's ES-2 when I first plugged it in. It sounded really bad. Hard, bright, quacky and brittle. Lack of body.

Replacing the ES-2 wasn't very complicated. Took a couple of hours in my kitchen. I'm pretty handy, but you don't have to be a pro luthier to do this. Of course, I was a little nervous about drilling into a new $3000 Taylor, but the accessories and the instruction that come with it to support the installation made it easy. I though had to spend some time fine-tuning and filing the saddle – height and intonation. If you are unsure here, it might be a good idea to consult a luthier.

Now the guitar sounds fantastic. Warm, deep and full body tone, but the clarity remains. Plugged in it sounds close to the acoustic sound, both live and on recording. No tendencies at all to piezo quacky. And it's actually not very sensitive to feedback either when playing live and being dependent on monitors at stage. As I said – I am very pleased.

Last edited by Lkristians; 04-26-2024 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Can't sell here, and charter membership is required