View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 04:14 PM

I actually like to put a guitar through its paces with actual songs that are in my repertoire and I try to play them is dynamically as I would any other guitar, although of course I am much more careful. Some songs that I like to play include "Stairway to Heaven" (I'm actually serious here), "Pinball Wizard" (minus the windmills and amp bashing of course ;-)) and I hear that the Beatles' "Blackbird" is another good test of intonation along the neck. "Wanted dead or alive" is also another good one, especially on 12 strings. In my opinion all of the songs have a good variety of positioning along the neck and the songs themselves require different levels of effort as the dynamics change throughout the song; they start soft and build, starting with soft arpeggios and building all the way up to aggressive strumming, sometimes all the way up the neck.