View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 PM

Smile Good luck Peavey with CA guitars

I have 3 CAs. One is their first generation from what appeared to be a Rube Goldberg manufacturing facility. But, the product was great. I bought the next one because they went from a 1 11/16 nut to a 1 3/4. I bought the GX because I wanted a cutaway. The 2nd generation were built with fairly modern equipment, C&C machine, autoclave, auto paint booth. I was surprised at the amount of actual labor that was then spent in getting to the finished product. I've been totally pleased with all three. In my humble opinion, their marketing was totally screwed up. They didn't let dealers know what they were doing when they retooled and moved, and their dealer contact was sporadic. Taylor had relatively quick name recognition when they first came out. Martin, Guild, Gibson, Fender are all names known in most households. But, even if Composite Acoustics had lasted for 20 years, the name CA was going to be forgetable. I loved it when they came out with the wider neck, but they should have interspersed the 1 11/16 in the production. They might have picked up some hot pickers that could have promoted their product. Great product, poor marketing. My Martins stay in their cases most of the time while the GX gets played daily.
__________________________________________________ _________________________
CA Legacy, CA GX, 1st gen CA Legacy AE, Martin D28S, Martin HD28VR Custom, Seagull S12

Last edited by Dsinned; 07-30-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added guitars