Thread: New GS
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM

Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyred View Post
I'm really looking at getting one of these...

The one I picked up didn't have such an appealing back tho, or a pickguard.

Not so sure now, after seeing how gorgeous yours is!!
congrats!

I take it you would recommend one...
Jim had three at the store (Guitar Rodeo) and I played all of them. The first sounded good, but had a kinda ugly (my opinion) bear claw across the bout just above the saddle area. Jim then brought out one that he said had the best wood..top was perfect, back did not have much sapwood. It played well. I was that far along so I tried the 3rd one, which I ended up with. Nice bear claws, and of course the skunk-stripe sapwood on the back. Not as pretty as #2, but it was sonically superior !

As for the pickguard, I picked up the guitar later and had forgotten the guard, so Jim mailed it to me. I was a little nervous, but it was easy to install. Now I can put that on my guitar upgrade resume....

For my purposes, on a budget, if you don't mind the sheen back and sides (which I kinda like...they seem less suseptable to scratching), if you want ES, I wholeheartedly recommend it....

...If you have a bit more ca$h, I'd go with the 2008 spring LTD, it has the same wood combo, a cutaway, and of course, bling...
JBL EON One Compact
Too many harmonicas!

"I never met a guitar I didn't like..."