View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidplum View Post
Hmmm... Can someone expand on the above?

I've heard many horror stories about how PayPal buyers have all the rights and can pull off a number of simple scams to get their payment back and keep the item. For example, a buyer can claim that the item never arrived, even when a sig I supposedly required. They simply claim that the driver left the item even though no one was home and that the item then was stolen. Other people confirm that requiring a sig and not getting it does happen. They come home from work and find a package on the doorstep that required a sig.

No one here has ever had a buyer pull a scam through PayPal? Seriously, I'd like to know.

Reid
Not sure about all scams but the signature one will not work. I used to work at FedEx and unless a signature can be verified they will pay the insurance for a lost item. They guy may still get a free guitar but as the shipper you should get your money back. I think dealing with the post office is horrible like I stated in my last post. If you have proper documentation photos of the item and packaging then paypal will not always decide in favor of the buyer. They naturally will favor the buyer because in most cases they truly are the victim and the fact that they paid shows an initial good faith gesture, but if you are careful with documentation and shipping insurance you do have protection.