View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 AM

Nelson, I think it comes down to what each of us perceive as a good deal or the right guitar. If I'm wrong, please tell me so. But what I'm picking up from your post is your very focused on the price you're paying. You said several times that it's a "Used" guitar and that's what you should expect. It's great to get a good deal (price wise) on a guitar, but if it's not up to my standards, it's not a good deal. The guitar doesn't have to be perfect cosmetically, but it does need to have balanced tone, good playability and decent volume. None of which has anything to do with weather it's used or new. In fact, if it's used, the guitar should have had time to open up and sound better than a new guitar.

The biggest problem with the Taylors I've found is in the balance department. Most all of them are very good on the treble side. Where I see the biggest difference is on the bass response side. I've found quit a few that just lack base response. Especially when compared to the higher register.