View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rforman15 View Post
what are you talking about? the neck and how it is attached to the body is pretty darn integral to the total product and resulting sound of a guitar. Again, I didn't say there are not guitars that don't have a dove tail that are not just as good or even better, but on a Martin it matters because that's what Martin is famous for and clearly the bolt on Martin guitars aren't as good. And I've bought five new Martins in the last three years, so I have some experience with them.

w/re. to cuts, that's a whole different subject, but I have little doubt we would agree on that subject either

But yes, with regard to the lower Martins, as I said, and as Wade said, there are number of design elements that make the lower end Martins....lesser. I have to go, it's a beautiful autumn day in Santa Fe. Chili is in peak season.
yes, but 'why' does it make a difference is the question?....you are talking about where the headstock is attacked to the neck right?...so if you make that a different way, it affects the tone?...i simply don't buy it....but that doesn't exactly mean much If you are talking about where the neck is attached to the body, then I can understand that a bit more I think....since that is in direct contact with the guitar body.