View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Charter Member

Fret wear is part of playing a guitar... and dealing with overly-worn fret wire is just part of the "price you pay to play"... not unusual at all, and certainly NOT covered by most warranties...

It's like having to put brake pads on your disc brakes... every once in a while. it needs your attention.

How much wear and how soon depends upon a LOT of different factors... but I have already noticed a couple replies here that I would have to classify as "horsefeathers!" (I believe that's the polite way of putting it...), so I would heartily suggest you go to someone who actually KNOWS what they're talking about if you want the straight story...

I have Evo fretwire on my little Goodall... made for me in 2011, not a mark on the fretwire to this day... in my Mark Angus guitars, I have more standard nickel alloy frets, and they need attention every few years, depending on how much I'm playing...

Good luck getting them "dressed" ( the term for a slight filing-down and leveling) or replaced! You may find that it's time to upgrade your instrument! It could only cost a nominal fee...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman