View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 10:54 PM

Yep, all true.

Mine are pretty flawless though for a factory guitar - kudos.

Sound - the black EBG808 has the mic facing the strings between the 2nd and 3rd best I can...Treble on the half detent, bass the same, volume on full, mid EQ's to remove zoinks, piezo on full, internal mic on full - using headphones, in ear monitors. Through amp I have the same setting but put the mic just below feeding back, with of course my Maton Soundhole plug feedback buster...turn back bass, mids on amp.:

Can't get the others as good, must be the woods! It could be variations in mics as well, and where it is on the swing arm. I notice my black Maton, the mic looks a bit bent slightly backwards...not bent but leaning, perhaps...

One time at my guitar techs, a guy was picking up an Australian 808 from a setup and after we all got talking, I used the above settings on it and it was running through the house Bose tower system thing tech has for pickup testing...and they were all staring.....with funny look - yep, mic needs to be as high as it can, especially for fingerpicking - the guitar leaps into life! I don’t really like it n my amp, much...PA/mixer/preamp/EQ....... TE has his mic on 11.

P.S. What do you Maton owners think of the Queensland maple necks? Chunky and covers a lot of ground, my opinion...

BluesKing777.

Last edited by BluesKing777; 06-17-2022 at 03:08 AM.