View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 03:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sherry View Post
"Chambered" is an electric-guitar-builder's term of art. It means that instead of bent sides a solid block of wood is routed away to create a hollow space.

For example, the Epi WildKat is chambered:

John Monteleone did not rout away 2.5" of wood to create this guitar. It has bent sides or dinner's on me.

It's a hollow guitar, maestro. Look at how much thicker it is than a solid-body Les Paul:

See how the LP's jack takes up almost the entire side, but the Monte's has an inch or so on top and bottom?

Yes, it has a maple top.
Yes, it's built to play through an amp.
Yes, I would be mighty happy to let it stay at my house while it settles in over the next few decades.
Hi Sam,
Do you want to send me gift card, or will you coming down this way anytime soon so we can have dinner together?

It's an odd, but slightly satisfying feeling being spoken to as if I were young and ill-informed. I wish I was still that young, but hey.......a meal is a meal.

It's a maple cap, and a two-piece mahogany slab that John joined, and then marked out for a center neck block, AND for 1/2" thick sides. He band sawed away the waste, and then inlaid thin mahogany veneer fillets to fill the band saw cut.

Orville Gibson is kvelling in his grave.

Best regards,
Howard Emerson