View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

I have never posted one of those threads, but if I did, it would be a genuinely serious request.

First, if I posted a thread like that, it would not be over some $500 instrument. I can live with a $500 mistake here and there, so it would be asked only if I’m considering a $3k or more commitment. A $3k or more commitment is harder to digest if it turns out to be a mistake…

Second, I want to know what real enthusiasts think, from their own experiences…Google reviews can be from anyone. The majority of folks here on the AGF are a bit more serious about their playing and their instruments.

There have been times when I poked fun at the “cork sniffers” on this site, but in reality I appreciate the ones who offer honest assessments, and most of them do. If they get offended by my humor, which is obviously quite brilliant and overwhelmingly charming, then they don’t know how to have a good time! They should drink more! Or perhaps less…

The point is, I have no point, other than I do not wish to spend a considerable amount of money on what most serious or reputable players consider a dud.

Yes, I have been drinking tonight. Thanks. I’m having fun random posting.

Rock on, you filthy savages!