View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower View Post
Hi, I bought a Taylor 110E online after a month of searching online and reading many good reviews about it and for its thin narrow neck and low action. But I was very disappointed when I played it, the sound was way too bright and tinny and lacked warmth and "depth" and was impossible to record with. I thought it would mellow with time but it hasn't after 4 months of playing. I'm not exaggerating when I say I regret buying it.. for the overly bright and tinny sound and the fact that I'm a beginner who paid $700 for a guitar that is completely the opposite of what I wanted.

So I decided to buy another guitar but I'm not sure what to buy.
I'm looking for a guitar with a thin and narrow neck, that has a warm, deep and rich sound.. something that is the opposite of the Taylor guitar sound as the overly bright sound of Taylors obviously isn't my taste.

I play mostly strumming, and my budget is $500 to $700.
I liked the sound of a low-end Seagull I saw on Youtube but I can't remember the model.

My purchase will be based on your recommendations as all the guitar stores in my area have a limited selection of guitars.
Thank you in advanced
Do you like the Dread size? What I would recommend is, after trying new strings, either return or sell the Taylor and add that money to what you already plan on spending for a new guitar to step up into something that a) You'll love and b) play for a really long time.

In terms of tone, obviously, I would look at Martin and at your price range, you should be able to find something nice (used). However, I would look at some other brands - Yamaha LL16 AREs are really nice. I would also check out Larrivee. But what you should do is really take the time to go try out as many guitars as you can, sleep on it, play some more, and then make a decision. It's a fun ride - enjoy!