View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM

Default The Martin 00-18 V

Hi

I've played 2 Martins with V necks. A 1951 Martin 0-15 with a very hard V. And I also played a 2008 Martin V neck Eric Clapton. Due to my small hands, I had pain issues playing them due to having the stretch my fingers more.

I also played a Gibson Humming bird that had a standard C profile neck and I had no issues whatsoever. Basically the palm of my hand was closer to the fretboard, which made things easier.

But I see a Martin 00-18 V online that I am interested in. I can't try any as I can't find one to try. Will the V neck on the 00-18 be a little better? Or will it be pretty much the same as the Clapton? Or any other V neck?

I think I know what the answer is..which is that it will be pretty much the same. But I thought I'd ask people with more experience.

I'm actually also considering a modern 00-18 with the oval profile. But for some reason the 0018 V's neck looks much nicer. So I'll see. I had a 000-18 with the oval profile and and taper neck. While the profile was great, I thought the taper was kinda annoying. It didn't feel like an acoustic neck. But I guess I'm leaning more towards the modern one as it's probably more comfortable in the end, despite the flimsy feeling artist taper.

Thanks

Last edited by Zeo828; 12-14-2016 at 08:59 AM.