View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 01:16 PM

Default Santa Cruz 00 Skye: Adi top

I'm posting mostly because I fell in love with guitar, and bought it a couple years ago, and want to make sure that it gets proper attention. I had never heard of Eric Skye and was against signature models on principal. Eric plays mostly jazz which isn't my favorite style, but the sound of the guitar took me away.

To be honest, I haven't played enough different guitars with different tops, to know the difference between between Sitka, Silverspruce, etc, and while I was told that it was Adi at the music store, I didn't remember that fact till after I got the guitar home. I'm told that this model is the most popular Santa Cruz model currently...which, if true, makes sense to me.

I think the guitar responds and feels a lot like the classical guitar which I played for 30 years. Now I play mostly folksy/bluegrassy sorts of stuff, but when I figure out how to record, I'll post some samples that compares different styles of music on my classical and on the 00. Meanwhile here's a couple of songs preformed by Eric Skye that demonstrate the incredible tone of this lovely instrument. Enjoy!

Can you get sweeter than this?

PS shows what you can do above the 12th fret without a cutaway! (I wish it were a cutaway (though it would downgrade the looks), I don't have long fingers like Eric)

Last edited by gfsark; 10-23-2016 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added a PS