View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastStrings View Post
LR Baggs used to offer the Lyric Classical. Has it been discontinued?

Thanks for the suggestion! It wouldn't work for me since it requires a battery. I get too anxious about batteries running out and things failing before a performance. I would go mad with concern about the 9V battery. Thanks anyhow, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringman5 View Post
I've been using this. Pretty happy with it. It's wireless, and doesn't require any modification to your instrument. There are numerous reviews on You Tube you can check out.

Thanks, I checked out the videos and went to the website. Thanks for letting me know about a cool device! It wouldn't work for me since it requires a battery to change; also, the guitar I'm having built doesn't have a conventional sound hole, so the transmitter would not fit. It also relies too much on 2.4 GHz, which is very prone to dropouts in places with lots of self-phones such as during a live performance (it will work during rehearsal then as soon as the room is filled not perform at its best), but I would like to know more about the smart frequency hopping and how it performs live. I really like the design of the preamp, however, and that the transmitter only weighs 26 grams. It's pretty cool! I can't use it but will definitely keep this in mind. I just realized that this is the same system that Bradford Werner at ThisIsClassicalGuitar reviewed a year ago. I remember now! This is actually a really cool, well though-through system from a pretty innovative company.