View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peebuddy View Post
i like smaller guitars, so id keep the mmv. yours is new, so youd also have the lifetime warranty. as far as tone goes, its a smaller guitar, so its to be expected that it wouldnt have as much bass as the 28. i'd go with the mmv if playability and tone is what youre after. collectability is a different story, then i'd go with the guild; there are plenty of d28's out there, and plenty more built after we all die; its there most popular guitar, and you can always get one down the road if you really want one.
Are you referring to the 000-MMV? The MMV is a dreadnought and IIRC is the same size as the D-28, the difference being the internal bracing, neck joint and various minor cosmetic differences. Personally I think the MMV has a better tone than the D-28 and even the HD-28. The reason being that the A frame bracing is structured in such a way that the lower bout is freer to vibrate. YYMV though.

FWIW I tried a 000-MMV recently. It's a nice guitar for the money but I'm reserving judgement since I have no GAS for a rosewood OM. OTOH I'd be curious to A/B one against an OM-21 or 000-28EC.