View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
Now that is an interesting thought! I do already have a custom K&K installed. It's a 5 head rather than the traditional 3 head, the extra 2 heads helped to fill in some frequencies that were lacking.

Anyhow. I would have to get a good DI or a practice amp but that could work!! I have actually played sometimes with earplugs in to dampen the highs. However I also loose some mids, so that hasn't worked as well. But having control over the overall tone... can't believe I never thought of it!

I also appreciate your feedback about the soundport. Certainly the LAST thing I want is MORE treble. Thank you.
Hi Carbonious…

I play regularly on a Worship Team, and when I play acoustic and lead I tend to use the in-ears at rehearsals…it's the one time I get to hear it as the main PA board hears it.

When I play electric since I'm on the front line and can hear the mains which are slightly behind us (we're out on the front stage extension), I only use in-ears during sound checks or between services if there's something I need to adjust.

Our in-ears are a tied-to-cords system, and I love to wander further than the cable allows.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…