View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

I can’t tell if its too high without the frame of reference of looking down the neck from the headstock down. That give you the perspective of how tall the bridge and saddle are in relation to the surface of the fingerboard. Also the LG-2 has an under the saddle pickup wire right? You could try pushing the wire back through the hole in the bridge and the reinstalling the saddle. You’ll find it will sit lower and may even need to be shimmed or possibly replaced. If you pull the pup wire out there and you start seeing any buzzing from the 10-15 fret range then its too low.

As for the LG-2, I have been wanting to get one of those. What do you think of the sound? I find my wife’s L-00 and my LG-0 to both be a little thumpy on the low end at times. They are also both very midrange focused. Is that the case with the LG-2? Is it rich and full, or does it sound like a small guitar? I have played a couple before, but wasn’t able to reach a conclusion as I was there primarily to buy other guitars.
Martin D-41
Martin 000-18