View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 03:57 PM

Default The waiting is the hardest part

Purchased a pre-owned major manufacturer guitar from a well known auction site. Guitar was shipped from a location down South to me up North. Left there on Monday, arrived in my region Wednesday night and went out from the central dispatch center on a home delivery truck yesterday morning. At around 5:00 PM yesterday the driver couldn't deliver because a signature was required and no one was home.

Here's where the fun starts....I called the delivery company's 800 number to inquire about somehow getting the guitar that evening. What I found out is that any undelivered packages stay on the truck overnight for delivery the next day and there's no getting around it.

So, my newly acquired guitar, which I paid several thousand dollars for, was just delivered after sitting in the truck for approximately 36 hours (according the the companies tracking website).

It's now sitting in the shipping carton as I wait patiently for it to come up to room temperature.

BTW, 28* this morning when I left the house at 7:00AM. High temp today of 42*.

Taking bets: finish ok or finish destroyed?

And please-let's refrain from scolding me for a) not trying before buying, b) not being home c) not supporting AGF sponsors or d) any other perceived fault I may or may not have.