View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Default I got one

I have a Mahog Jumbo that's been to hell and back. Bought it for $250 but spent $700 re-setting the neck, fixing braces and the worse part the "block" had failed and moved toward the bridg about 1/16 of an inch. Now, it is alot better, plays great and has alot of mojo. It sit's next to my desk at home most of the time. Has great tone. I think the only other thing wrong with it is a truss rod that doesn't work. Don't know if I'll have that fixed or not. Since the neck set the neck hasn't moved at all. Oh...I forgot, then neck had a big crack but was fixed before I got it and it's been stable ever since.
I luv it....
It's got alot of songs in it...if you believe in that stuff..
p.s. I you get one and have it worked on..be sure the person you get to do th work knows about Gurians...especially how the neck is held on by two wooden pins.. If they don't know this they'll neve get the neck off and they possibly destroy the guitar in the process!!!..I think they are great guitars that are highly undervalued in the market....