View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:53 AM

I think most of the Blueberry supporters found in this thread have to remember one very important thing before criticizing or bashing the naysayers.

These people are the end consumers and if they won't even bother picking one of these up because of the appearances and company history/marketing, than they've isolated an important market segment and they should be listening with open ears. A lot of folks on AGF seem to buy a lot of guitars over their lifespans, and know the market very well and have seen a lot of companies come and go. They are tough to fool.

I've seen people ooh and ahh at my local shop over these guitars a few times, and I"ve seen other people outright laugh when they see them. I"ve never seen somebody laugh at a Taylor or Martin and I've seen plenty off ooh's and ahh's over those brands, as well as others.

Does Blueberry have a safe or proven strategy? IMO they do not
Will it work? Time will tell
Have they shut out a vast amount of traditional guitarists by not appealing or listening to them? I think so.

The point it, instead of lashing out at the critics, maybe Blueberry should listen a little more carefully and adjust accordingly. It's good to be different, but not this different IMHO. For example, maybe a nicely carved design on the back or sides, but not the top and not the gigantic mermaid headstocks.

In the acoustic guitar world, it is my opinion that Sound is, and always will be king.