View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart4328 View Post
Hey John, I guess my tone comes across more harshly than intended. I'm not
doing it to be "killer" I just feel bad for the guys at Blueberry because the people I have spoken with have been just awesome and super helpful!! I just don't want people who read this to think that Blueberry Guitars is run by some snake oil salesman names Stewart4328! This is a great forum and enjoy reading all the posts!!

Cheers!
Your tone was fine. You have been put on by folks that are not wearing your shoes. I am a cheerleader for Yamaha. I have probably sold hundreds if not thousands of $130 - $150 Yamaha's because of my entry level kudo's. I AM WAITING FOR A CHECK from Yamaha. OK maybe a custom Yamaha will do.

Danny (Blueberry)is passonate and fortunatly has a deep wallet. Blueberrys are what happen when someone is not teathered to rules that have been drilled into them, and have the dough to dream. The results may not be up to some builders standards.
His heart is right. He spent 1 -2 years of sending a Luthier over to Bali to work with guys that can work wood as thier forfathers did. USA Schools teach Attorneys and Photographers, that don't know a drill works, how to build in a few days or weeks. While I am sure it is only the begining of building you get my point.
They do sound fantastic. They are very light. Longevity? I don't know. But I've seen lack of longevity in Martins, Gibsons.....
The work that goes into them is amazing. Are they worth a couple K? I don't know. I personally did not think so. Do I like all of the designs...no. If I could score one of those Dragons for a couple hundred I would take it. But, pay a Collings price. For me? No.
Did you guys know you can try one out for a $500 deposit? It only costs you shipping to know. If you don't like her, return her.
I thought I was going to sell them to stores. I could not find margin X's time.
Danny and the experience was very positive.

Some folks think only a fool would spend more than $200 on a acoustic. And I have $200 acoustics that would suport that thought to a vast degree. Maybe some of our "Artists" should get thier noses out of the air and just talk about how an acoustic could possibly be worth 5K without an eagle carved on it

Last edited by Kitchen Guitars; 09-20-2008 at 09:24 PM.