View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Jeez Glenn, that was basically perfect. As noted, some real attitude in the vocals, and even a potentially evil little grin a couple of times. You really nailed Knopfler’s feel on the lead guitar parts. And the video production work is also insanely good. I’m kind of out of superlatives with your videos. They’re just so good.

Keep em coming!

-Ray
Thank you Ray! I really appreciate your supportive and kind comments above.

I did have fun with this project. I have been using Guitar Rig for a while, but the latest version, Guitar Rig 7, is very much improved with the use of some new technology for helping them obtain guitar amp characteristics and sounds much closer to real amps. It's a terrific program for the studio and gives a person access to a huge array of amps and effects for about $200.

Also, in retirement, as you are, too, there is plenty of time for exploring things. I took a whole morning just going through a tutorial on Guitar Rig 7 that really opened my eyes about all the things this program can do.

The vocals on this song are quite easy. I'm sure Mark Knopfler would be the first to admit that he is not a particularly talented vocalist, and this song is more like "Sultans of Swing," more of a talking kind of song. And that makes it quite easy and also accessible to a lot of guitar players. Even on an acoustic guitar, that chord progression for the song sounds good.

Regarding video production, I have been messing around with video since 2016 so I've had plenty of time to learn some techniques and approaches.

You would probably have fun with this song, Ray. These are the chords and lyrics from ultimateguitar.com.

Thanks for your kind support, Ray. I hope all is well for you and your family.

- Glenn