View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
I like the look of that spruce top! Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks, I like the look, and the sounds, of it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57
I've got the same in a BlackTop... Its my Number 1 and stopped the search...
I know that the current AD17 black top's have Walnut back & sides. is yours before the switch to walnut (and has Ovangkol, like mine)? I'd probably be happy with either, but I've definitely been enjoying the ovangkol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick
Great guitar!! I'm really impressed with Taylor's American Dream series. They are totally different from the Taylor sound that I'm used to. I currently have two from the AD series and they are getting a bunch of play and most of my gigs.
definitely impressed. And it's definitely a different sound than my old 1997 Taylor 414. But honestly, I haven't played too many other recent Taylors, so I can't provide a good comparison. But I really like what I'm getting from the AD17.

Honestly, the biggest adjustment for me is the neck. My old Bourgeois sort of had a soft V neck. And the Taylor feels a slightly flatter and wider. (it's definitely slightly wider at 1 3/4, while my Bourgeois was 1 23/64). But I figure in another few days, my hands will adjust and this will be the new normal