View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Thanks!

Yeah - quite a few changes recently. I keep thinking I have finally "refined" my interests, and cured myself of GAS, and then . . . well . . . it's a sickness - what can I say.

I have a few Larrivees - 3 of which aren't going anywhere, but a couple I'd like to sell or trade for something different. Not really sure what though. I've also gotten a few Santa Cruz's now, and they are really wonderful. Then the J. Patterson, which is a unique shortscale handmade, really a sweet and special guitar -

But this Martin - well, I didn't intend to buy it. I'd heard about it a few times, and said it would be fun to check it out, but once I played it a few minutes, it was pretty obvious it was quite different from any Larrivee I'd ever had, and also from the SC's. Not better - just a different but very familiar and comfortable sound. Not needing another guitar, I kinda wished he'd priced it out of reach - kinda -

But if Magwa takes a shine to it, I may not be able to hang onto it - although I don't think its quite his specs, I'd be privileged letting it spend some time in his music room -

I'll definitely put some pics and feedback up on the SC forum, once I get the fret / setup issues resolved, and had a couple months to really get to know her better. Good luck in your hunt!