View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Hi Kay,
Good luck. I've been married to the same spouse for 25 plus years, so I know that sometimes we have different ideas on how to spend money. I would try to avoid doing anything that would truly get Yvonne ticked at me, so I make it a habit to avoid major purchases without first talking them through with her.

So I think Sal's advice above rings true.

I also think you're onto something about the jealousy thing (and perhaps your husband doesn't really see it). In reality, you aren't going to leave him for a guitar. And you're not really going to fill more hours of the day playing the Martin than you currently spend on the Guild (okay, so during the honeymoon phase, you will, but in time, you'll settle in to a similar routine). Time is a zero-sum calculation: I suspect you're already practicing as many free hours as you can currently fit in with your life.

If you've always wanted a Martin you should have one. It sounds to me as if you have a stable home, a stable income, and you're not a frivolous person looking for something new on a whim.

Optima dies, prima fugit