View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
I'm facing another surgery on my left hand. The first one was 5 years ago for Dupetrens Contracture on three fingers. I started playing guitar after it healed to strengthen the hand and exercise my brain. Who knew that I would become so hooked on it.

So now I'm facing another surgery on April 1. It will be for Trigger Finger release on the pointer and more Dupetrens on the ring finger and pinky. Recovery will be two weeks of no stress and barely moving the hand, then gradually working to get it stronger. So I have a month of nothing.

One thing I can do is to go back to the vocal exercises I was doing with my voice teacher. That will help. I can also try singing with just a metronome or a backing track. I don't know what else I can do.

This spring, I'd like to get my jam group back together. I'd like to be ready to play.

All your help and suggestions are appreciated!
Or, you could do what Jeff Beck has always done: just go off and do something else (with him it's cars): forget about guitar for a while, and come back to it when you can or are ready. Not completely kidding: I've laid off several times and am always amazed at how quickly I get back to where I was before.